Re: Blind Developers Working Full-Time

Are you working for a company?
- besides from studying, yes, i'm working for a company since 5 years now.
Are you doing contract work?
- no, not right now, although I did a few things here and there years ago.
What area of development does your work focus on (web development, database management, AI, etc)?
- I used to work in the big wide SAP area which includes alot of stuff like database management and frontend development and switched over to web development a few years ago. I'm mostly working with backend tools there like _javascript_ and Java, but also with databases which are deffinitely required for data storage and processing. I situationally have to work on frontends as well, using frameworks like Angular thus using TypeScript, to improve or check for accessibility struggles.
Do you like where you work?
- I feel pretty comfortable where i'm working yeah. My colleagues are nice and we as a team pretty well work together.
Is their in-house software accessible?
- SAP was another story, but since we're mostly using command-line open source stuff in our web development area (apart from the IDEs), all the really important stuff is accessible, yeah.
What made you choose to work for that company?
- I wanted to get a dual education, means studying over the semester and work during the holidays so I'd finish with both, experience working as an employee and having a degree in computer science. My organisation was one of the few that allowed me to do that, and it worked out perfectly. i'm now in the last stages of getting my Master of Sciences finished and i'm still working for that company.

Regarding accessibility, its totally different over here in my company. My employers even want to use my skills regarding accessibility to offer new work to their contract partners and designers and graphics people ask me to check if a frontend is actually accessible and figure out ways to improve that.
Best Regards.
Hijacker