Re: Monthly chat August 2019

Nobody talk like troll, nobody talk at all! but me talk like troll, so me hit me on head! ouch! now me have headache! so me stop talk like troll!

The reason for the troll talk and randomness was that last night it was so damn late, I didn't have time to discuss what's been going on with me recently.
mrs. Dark has been quite unwell, but hopefully she's getting better. So at some point this month we plan to go and see the new Lion King. We suspect it'll be a disappointment, since the original was so magical, but we'd like to see it anyway.
I also ordered my brother a particularly awesome birthday present, indeed I am quite proud of the brainwave given that he is such a pain to buy for.

He quite enjoys the Dresden files, and his favourite character is the fallen angel Nicodemus. The same website who do all the awesome fantasy jewellery, like my Lady's wheel of time Aes Sidai ring and pendent also it turns out tdo Dresden theme stuff, in particular Nicodemus fallen angel coin, one of the thirty pieces of silver paid to Judas Iscariot which now contains a fallen angel.
so, I bought my brother a replica of the coin in silver made up as a tie clip for his new job. He can terrify all his colleagues in the office, or at least it'll look ornamental and rather cool big_smile.

For me, I've been playing various things, in particular compilation one, crazy party and a bit of trimps, and working on the Db. I also have been writing a lot, in particular I'm finally doing something I have been planning to do for a while and have begun seriously writing articles on various aspects of fantasy literature.
These should hopefully be appearing on the blog over at fantasybookreview.co.uk soon, and some of my reviews should be up there as well.

So, a bit quiet at the moment,actually its rather miserable that for the second year running, I@m doing no singing this summer since the music summer school I went to, the same one at which I met my lady annoyingly closed down and there is bugger all going on in this town musically.

Actually "bugger all going on" seems to some up the hole place, besides lots of pubs, I'm actually regretting moving here but we're rather stuck it seems, even  more so if the bureaucratic morons now running guide dogs refuse to give me a dog due to their changing the rulings since Reever is going to need to retire soon.

So mildly annoyed at the second, but hopefully things will get better.

I'm also currently reading the anthology Dangerous women. This is another anthology by Gardner Dozois  and george R R martin. Since I really enjoyed their previous anthology rogues and both legends collections, this was one I needed to get to.
I particularly like the fact that this one has a huge range of stories and authors, going from Megan lindholm, (best known as Robin Hobb), all the way to Martin and Sanderson, as well as writers of historical fiction, and crime.

My lady and I also finally wathced the princess Bride last night. This was a huge amount of fun, albeit Buttercup  really rather useless (quite a disappointment in a post Leya princess), I'm interesting to read the book now though, particularly with how its supposedly very offbeat and weird.

Hope everyone else is having a slightly nicer Summer than i am.