Re: Graphiti Braille Display Now Available?

@20
Chinese braille display you say? Care to elaborate?

The Orbit Reader's price also seems to be holding at 599$ on [orbits site], though they also seem to have an extended warranty for 85$. [APH] is 699$, and the [RNIB] is 499$ without VAT, and 598.80$ with VAT.

As for the Graphiti, i'm not sure what the future holds for it, but that price is definitely a barrier that could seriously hurt its viability, even if it isn't all that surprising. I'm not sure the number of people who could afford such a display would serve as a viable market, or if companies and institutions are willing to sink the cash into something like that over cheaper, less sophisticated approaches. I guess we'll have to wait and see.