Re: Monthly chat August 2019

Well thanks for the birthday wishes from various people. My lady has a hospital appointment next week so hopefully will feel better.
For me, as people will gather from various game forums, I've been grappling with Steam, its been a struggle, but Sequence storm is working and the game seems pretty awesome.

@Dark eagle, careers advice is absolutely a joke over here, especially since I already knew what I wanted to do at that point, namely go to university and study philosophy and so basically spent a time with the adviser wasting time big_smile.

The webmaster of fantasybookreview.co.uk has posted more of my reviews and my article on the concept of the darklord in fantasy. you can Read that article here  and Find my reviews here

The latest ones are for Hammerfall by C J Cherryh, a wonderfully grim sf novel, and an unkindness of magicians by Kat Howard. this was a wee bit disappointing, mostly due to a super cool succeedinator main character, and a bit of a shame since her first novel was fantastic.

I should have another article coming out soon, plus I'm working on a fomal review of Gerald's game by Stephen King.

When not racing futuristic racers, I have been actually doing some vaguely useful things, like getting back to slightly more serious singing, there is a really lovely handle duette my singing teacher suggested for my lady and I which we worked on yesterday, plus I've written a commic monologue for a local monologue workshop.
this is apparently going to be videoed on Wednesday, so we'll see how it goes.

Other than that not too much else to report, things are relatively quiet, and very hot.