Re: Manamon server down?

Maybe I was just a tad too harsh with my last post, but I really wish Aaron would at the very least listen to his customers and/or be willing to work with them if they suggest reasonable enhancements or fixes. I've purchased all his games except for Psycho Strike and generally like his ideas and mechanics. It's disappointing that he's unwilling to listen to constructive criticism and disappears shortly after releasing a new title. I realize that he's busy, and that's fine. I don't expect anyone to work on audio games full time, but an update every now and again would be nice, especially when there are significant issues that prevent the project from reaching its full potential.

I agree with Jade. I'm not asking for earthshattering things here, just some improvements to the player experience. The grammar issues should have gone through quality control, it should be possible to purchase more update installers if the player missed the available ones, etc. Better multiplayer ranks high on that list of improvements, because the online trading is vital to the game if you wish to get all the Manamon and complete your collection. As the developer, Aaron should be able to host a server along with his website unless he cannot access the server for whatever reason. If this is not possible, I'll personally offer to host it myself. I can imagine how frustrating it is for less tech-savvy users when they want to play the online mode of a game they paid money for only to discover that it's impossible unless you know what you're doing. I was there once, and it was not fun. That's why I pay $5 a month for my Linux server.