Re: How Often are you Grabbed in Public

Hi there,
Regarding free stuff, let me state here that I'm not into getting stuff for free just for the sake of that I'm blind. I mean, what's the relationship or attitude that forces people to gift me things? So why am I unlike others? Is it because I don't see? And what does this have to do with that? Is it out of pity and compassion for the poor blindy? And here exactly is my point. Once I was in a computer accessories shop, when I finished buying what I needed and went to checkout, the seller told me oh no, you can get them for free. I told him and why free? He told me to consider that a gift from the shop. I told him no, I have to pay for what I got, and after a long discussion I was able to pay for the things I bought. Also once I and 2 of my blind friends were in Starbucks, after we finished and wanted to pay the bill we were told that someone had paid it for us and left the place. Not telling you how dissatisfied we were at the time, but at least free drinks right? big_smile big_smile. This happened again in a café and we were also a group of blind people, and once we also got a free night in a modest hotel from the hotel manager. And btw, I thought that addressing the blind as a child is only a matter in my society big_smile for I had met several people who are actually like that. Imagine that once a girl who's only 1 year older than me gave me some cake and dessert saying: Take this love (in a tone that you can consider as if she was addressing a person that's 15 years older than her). Heck, for a moment I thought she does really love me lol. However, this attitude had a difficult impact on my feelings. I know that this can be interpreted in a number of ways that vary from person to person and from culture to culture, but I won't talk about the extent to which that attitude has affected my feelings and how it has had subsequent consequences. And note that I was 22 at that time, knowing we knew each other but that attitude surprised me a lot and couldn't be explained in my opinion except what I mentioned earlier in my point.
And to the main topic, Most grabs I do incounter are preceded by an offer of help. I don't recall any attitudes about sudden grabs that are worth mentioning, yet that happens with me from time to time.