Re: skype account issue: forked

nidza07 wrote:

Nah,, it's not about Skype 7 VS 8 since at launch and up to 8.51, Skype 8 did not have this lag. It was pretty smooth.

Not really. A lot of functionality was lost in the transition over to Skype 8. Reviewing chat history has always been a drag, and now I can't select an entire conversation, copy it into notepad and get an easy-to-read log of the conversation like I could in Skype 7. The notification sounds are really easy to miss sometimes, and you cannot change them without making modifications to program files. In split window view, I can't tell if a message has been sent because NVDA doesn't announce "message sent", which is frustrating because I have a tendency to accidentally hit the enter key sometimes and don't know I sent the message until I look back. Chat commands have been severely limited, and for some asinine reason Skype now automatically sets everyone you add to a chat as admin. There is no global hotkey support unless you use the Windows Store version (no thank you). And those are just off the top of my head.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector