Re: Space Muds with Decent Sound Packs?

@Assault:

No idea then. I swear I've seen you on the Fringe channels however, I'm Markus Arencallla on there.

@Drums: I like the AEU's idea, but....nah. Fringe grabbed me ecause of the RP potential of being a yes man who is not really so much a yes man in private, but in public he's yes the Fringe and the Committee are the best at everything...ya know? Okay, so.....

I swear I have the worst luck finding RATS. I got a starter battlesuit, but I cleaned out a nest, the starter one. Now I'm unsure if I screwed up by taking so many missions.

@Skyguardian: My issue with CR is this:

It feels unwelcoming. I want to delete my char and start over, but no. I got to be level 200 to do that...and....nobody seems to want to help me. I tried asking for help on the newbie channel and (I forgot who) said stop asking you've had your account for ages. Yes. I've had my account for ages, but I've barely played. Additionally, I've got this amazing knack of being able to get stuck in the dumbest places. Like on SC I'm fine with exploring (even though VIPMUD would /not/ let me leave a sector with manual control, wtf?) and I can chat with the Fringe friends while doing activities, and going by last night, RP doesn't seem super ironclad enforced really. Or maybe it's cause I'm still a cadet, but.....I swear people on the frequency talking about all sorts of random shit, I was glad I was landed since I can't fly and snicker at the same time.

My main issue with CR is this. I don't want to have to read a whole encyclopedia just t to get off of level 1 or 2. Okay, I don't want everything spelled out for me, but I'd like the new player experience to be easier and more like other games. One of the issues I got is thins don't auto @abort, like if in SC I type in help curtains, it'll ask if I want to search the help files, then if I say anything other than y or n it'll abort. In CR it'll throw up an error and search what I typed, so I'd have to manually type @abort to gt out of the help system. Which is a pain I feel like. Just wish the newbie experience would be better in CR, I've dabbled in it but put off by the newbie experience entirely.

And back to SC. Okay. I'm a little stuck on missions, so general hints. I'm hanging out at VSPC so if anyone wants to come meet up, I'll be in the galley there, or apartment hunting. Also, Approx how many points do I need to gain access to better ships? Me being me, I sold my cargo hauler on SC for a flitter since I figured okay, half as much or thereabouts, cargo space, and more guns.....yeah, and I got my ass kicked by the soundpack being louder than speech. FML. Had to limp back after nearly getting blown up by RATS. Ow