Re: Steam is still a pain in the arse!

With the -no-dwrite switch enabled in your Steam properties, you should be able to use nvda with windows 10 ocr to locate the next or finish buttons. If not, just keep hitting enter until the window disappears.
Actually, the situation revolving around Steam accessibility is actually more of a hot mess than we may think. The chat window and the web-wrapper for the store are accessible, the problem is you can get trapped in those windows because those are the components that have been updated to use the new chromium engine. The library has not yet been updated, and what the holdup is I haven't a clue. Given the fact that nearly everyone has a beta program of some kinds (Microsoft has the insider previews which they actually listen t feedback on), Sony, well, they have something, its effectiveness is who knows how much. But given the fact Valve is practically the only! major vender that doesn't collect feedback from an organized beta community, I'd say that's more than half of their problem. There's no one around to tell them hey, this works and this doesn't, and they are probably oblivious to the fact that some parts are more accessible than others, or worse yet, during the time when the client wasn't accessible whatsoever.
The problem with selling on itch.io is you're on your own as far as DRM is concerned. It's a great resource for indie devs to sell their games, but many developers don't integrate even simple drm, which naturally means that people have the means necessary to pass the game around even though they damn well shouldn't. If the mainstream world did not revolve around app stores, I'd say we need another Software Passport/Armadilo, but there's just not enough interest, and all the drm software out there is either subscription-based or extremely! expensive. I think Ethin had something going for the inner workings of a drm methodology in another topic. If we could just get that out there, perhaps more developer s could be convinced to sell on itch.io if Steam is not going to become accessible any time soon.