Re: TGHub, my first real game.

I'm late to the discussion, but I'm throwing my 2 cents in anyway.

I definitely think this should have been posted in developers room. One thing that not enough people do is read the submission guidelines before posting their project. And I haven't seen anyone reference it in a long time.

Simply telling people don't post this we already have a thousand of these, isn't going to change anything. Tell the OP to look at the submission guidelines, and let them know it might be better in another room. And politely inform them that there have been several of these already made, so maybe they should share this project to a smaller group, like a small group of friends, instead of making it a title here on the forum.

There are ways to inform people, and as already discussed in the thread, obviously it wasn't used. So instead of restating what has already been said, I wanted to give a solution, so this doesn't happen as often. Reading the guidelines is something most people don't remind themselves to do. I admit, they may be intimidating to a user's first project, and I think they are a little too narrow, but they are useful, they do exist.

I was going to throw in my 2 cents about developers and their role, and users and their role, but the discussion has ended so I will not start it up again.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : austingrace via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mongoo_4044 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mongoo_4044 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : alden via Audiogames-reflector