Re: accessible spanish flash cards?

I would definitely agree re: language transfer. I found a site that is a nice one for basic reading and it has a basic vocabulary builder, its accessible, too. Its called lingua

It worked wonders for me in french but here I am giving you the link for Spanish. I also listen to some songs and look up some lyrics and then there is a site called french voices, which does have conversations and then transcripts. That really helps you with understanding and imagining how people just commonly talk and so on. I am sure there is also a similar one for Spanish. I also really like how word reference gives you definitions that are easy to understand in Spanish using words you probably might know, and if you definitely do not get them you can just read the direct English translation. Context and usage is just amazing. Regarding language transfer, its principles helped me last night quite a bit because we were organizing a soiree française and I was able to communicate far more than what I would have imagined.