Re: I'm leaving for now

isn't this a lovely thing for any outside developers somewhat interested in making content for this community to see. "People are constantly hostile and routinely steal code from projects? Well I'm getting out of here."

  Really now, code theft here is probably more serious of a negative attribute for us than in the forms of media sighted consumers take. if you haven't noticed, we're a small community. Though there might be millions of individuals with a visual disability, we form a small fraction of that. This means that the number of individuals who tend to steal code or crack games tends to look proportionally larger than entire websites cracking and stealing media and its source in some way. The fact our forum pages tend to have a constant reminder of situations of reported stolen code, developers leaving the forum and individuals blatantly posting stolen content despite seeing what tends to happen to such accounts is painting a very poor portrait of the site. This ultimately may result in sighted and non-sighted developers from developing for the community, or at worst rarely interacting with us.

  Also not helping is the constant hostility to other forum members, devs and moderation staff people seem to spew quite nearly daily. Honestly this is a site for the discussion of audiogames and constructive feedback for developers, not a chat forum. I'm starting to think the site should honestly get more draconian with forum rules and discussion to limit things to focusing on the games rather than on the people, and shut down attacks on each other. Topics and discussions on the general forum and new releases should just stop referencing people in 90% of cases, only illustrating extreme cases of customer maltreatment or situations surrounding it, rather than something about a hairball and multiple variations of the word fuck you and your homosexual boyfriends that I'm pairing up in my mind because despite this being 2019, I'm still relying on 20 year old insults because I'm 12 (not me, just the sample of unconstructive discussion I tend to see).

Which actually makes me think of a smaller point. Do we currently have a content warning for this website? The general wild nature of the forums does expose lots of colorful language at times. I honestly don't care about people throwing out f bombs like they were green M & M's, but I do know some parents and the like come onto these forums at times, and may not enjoy their child seeing that.

  Sure, people might be mad at the fact the forum would start limiting one's right of _expression_ or something. However, the constant drama and badgering that goes way off topic to the discussion of games and their development is honestly unprofessional for a sight dedicated to audiogames. The Mud Connector forums had the same policy of letting discussions and what not go free and mods rarely stepped in to stop some stuff. Now the forums are no longer displayed as a core part of the sight as people abused the heck out of it. The same is starting to begin here with developers abandoning the platform to speak on here. The Reddit version of the mud's sight is still going, and they're a lot more terrifying with rule enforcement for mud developers and others to the sight, tending to mostly squash drama before it gets too out of hand. But of course I recognize we can't exactly do that here, as it also seems the opinion of the modding staff currently by many members is low. The moment someone's mocking of someone else is deleted, cries of mod powertrips shall be shouted, and probably aimed at Jayde or something if someone else did it.

  Ah screw it, let's nuke the forums all together except for developers posting releases and the developer room. Let the developers create their own commenting platform for discussion on their sites.

TL-Dr:  Our community has proven we are horrible in a less restricted format, time to get the dragon in or nuke the forum if we can't be trusted to get on topic with focusing on audiogames and development.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Veljko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moonwalker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector