Re: I'm leaving for now

I have a question. I'm late to the discussion of the issues raised in this thread so am wondering if all these cases of stolen source code are actually cases of stolen source code or just developers giving their code to the wrong people who eventually turn against them?

Or the developers uploading code to things like Dropbox and not securing it?

How are these sources getting out if someone can fill me in and how exactly did this particular developer's code get out? The reason I ask is because I was a commercial developer for many years and have never had these issues (with both a client and server program running at one point.) Not even when i was underage and was making Treasure Hunt did I have issues of Treasure Hunt code being stolen. And this was all the way back in 2004 I think.

So what exactly is going on here? Are these devs truly being hacked, or has the term "hacked" become synonymous with "I gave my code to a handful of kids who I trusted?" I'm baffled at this point.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Veljko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moonwalker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector