Re: I'm leaving for now

The difference is what goes on in the mainstream world is not cloning, but defining a new experience for others to create concepts from. Someone makes a cover shooter and suddenly the theme is popular with other games using the systems in different stories and mediums. What we see in our community is someone just changing the name of the project and sticks a few different sounds. they do not do anything to add onto the experience, or adapt it in a new story-telling medium as the sighted community does. Of course, cloning at times in the normal sense does occur, but you know, legal issues and community backlash goes against the plagiarized materials hard. You don't see people playing and lording Unity asset flips on Steam, do you?

  The other thing I can think of is when one's intelectual property is used unofficially, or fan games. As long as no financial gains are gotten form the project, most people are usually accepting as people are capable of creating fun experiences and stories, and somewhat make a simulated fanfiction-type thing for people to play through. Smart companies tend to use the games as free exposure, supporting the projects at times. (I.e, Multiplayer Skyrim project as one example). granted, this is a bit less accepted by companies themselves, which tend to have the power to shut this down.

SO yes, Sam does have a right to be annoyed at the stolen code and leaks. Worse that unlike in the mainstream community, people actively play in the cloned and inferior products, rather than unanimously back lashing. We are vocal about opposing leaks, but view it like this. How many people actually played the original red-spot or Ultra Power or the Killer? this shall be our base population for total individuals representing to shooter community in Audiogaming.  Now, how many people played the clones and stole the code? When the populations of those subcommunities are taken in account, support for stolen code is terrifyingly high.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : adel . spence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moonwalker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : elia fogel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector