Re: I'm leaving for now

p160 jade: I thought I would have to close it but This topic seems to be calming down now, people are actually talking and reconciling constructively. So thanks guys.
P 165 audiogame; Hey jadon I don't like you that much so suck it
p 166 Jadon: Hey audiogame you're stupid
p 167 Audiogame: Jadon, I'm not stupid!
P 169 jadon: Audiogame, You're a little baby boy!
p 171 Ironcross32: Shut up you little kids, you're both baby boys!
P 177 jade: Whelp, famous last words...
Anyone else notice that?
#FreeTheKids

Discussion time
Moderators: Bak in this thread I heard a lot of the younger element calling for the old moderation system  back. So let's look at what they really mean.
What they said around this time last year: Oh man, dark is evil, he believed this psychopath who told him a bunch of lies, down with dark down with dark! Up with Aprone, AProne was right, aprone was right all along, up with nocturnus we like nocturnus! Oh crap they both left, new make a new web site this one sucks! Ah well, I don't have any hosting besides jc hosting, I guess we'll stay here. new moderation team full of people we like, new moderation team full of people we like!
What they meant: Yes, let's jump on the bandwagon because dark is evil, he let this horrible thing happen, he caused walter to be banned from the forum and he has to go! Because a ban from the forum is the worst thing that can happen to blind gamers...
What they said later: Yeah this forum sucks right now! It will implode on itself! We need new moderators! Don't let dark pick any new moderators because he's obviously evil. Uh-oh, jade is one of those he picked, it is just evil, down with jade, down with jade!
And now, after about 9 months of life under Jade ...
They are saying, there was never so much warnings and stuff going on here back when those old moderators were around. And now the new ones, they're just banning people, warning people, closing topics, threatening people with warnings etc. We want the old way back. The old way back was much better!
What they mean: I actually liked that old time better, when I could do what I want. Damn these stupid moderators stopping me from disobeying the rules! I really want to disobey the rules but they're actually stopping me now ugh!

What does this sound an awful lot like, the following scenario: A kid lives with a fairly permissive parent that lets him do a lot of stuff, kind of admonishes him when he does something really bad like stealing money or being arrested by the cops or something. But the parent realizes that the kid is out of control, and knows that forcing the kid back to control is a monumental task because the kid has the parent wrapped around his thumb, so they ship the kid off to the other more strict parent. Well obviously the kid wants that permissive one back.
The opponents will say, but dark has been doing this way longer, he has more experience, and we like him. Nope, you didn't like him when he made that mistake, and yeah he was partially at fault for not examining all the evidence, and probably unconsciously being biased in favor of the female because it was partially a sexual allogation she brought up, but she also lied to him and tampered with evidence. So it's not totally his fault. He really did try his best. And people do seem to give him more credit now. The kids are only giving him credit because he mostly tried to calm things down with words rather than outright bans, except for when they blatantly didn't follow the rules, such as discussion of cracks. Obviously, they want to be able to do what they want to do.

I will again go back to my refrain when discussing this. If you agree with it, I would encourage you to click the thumbs up button to show your support.

#FreeTheKids

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : darren via Audiogames-reflector