Emotional and impulsive posting

In a lot of the flame wars, people admit to posting things with emotional impulsiveness and not thinking about their post before hitting the post button.

It can and does happen to everyone at some point. Even me of course. It's part of being a human. We are built from emotion and a lot of the time, are not wise enough to think before acting.

That being said, some do it more than others. A multitude of factors go into this, so I can't name any specifics.

Is there any way we could attempt to reduce the amount of emotional or impulsive posts without making someone feel like we are limiting their freedom of speech? Like maybe after they press the post button they have to wait 5 or 10 seconds for it to actually post and if they hit it again it tells them they can't post in that topic for 20 minutes? Or when they push the post button it asks them, are you sure you are ready to post? Reread your post and think about what you are saying. I realize that solution is more like a license agreement, no one is going to read it, just click the yes button.

We can't stop it from happening, but is there some way we can have the sight remind them before they post or force them to be patient if they are impulsive? Some solution so it doesn't happen as often?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : omer via Audiogames-reflector