Re: please send me bgt.exe

There's also the fact that people just, will not, leave, BGT, the hell, alone. It's like they're addicted to it like a dude who gets hurt at work goes on pain killers is now addicted to opioids. It's like a drug that doesn't do anybody any good, but people just can, not, drop it.

Yes the post was shitty, but when will people get a clue that BGT is done, stop using it. I mean, when the creator comes on here and removes the installer and says guys, it was a fun ride, but I'm done now, I won't be updating this; you would think people would take the hint, but nope. I feel like we need to start staging interventions.

I don't consider myself much of a programmer, I'm beyond print("Hello World!") but I'm still probably a beginner at Python. But I can see the writing on the wall, and have for a number of years.

BGT has done things very well in some regards. I like the way the manual was written. It was very good at taking you from an absolute beginner to wrapping your head around some of these concepts. I get that with other languages, you have more to deal with as far as package management and dependencies and so forth, but that's what programming is, and if you aren't going to step up and take this on, then why exactly are you doing this?

BGT indirectly caused some issues within the community. I say indirectly because It wasn't the fault of the language itself, or Phillip. But the one thing it did do was lower the barrier of entry into programming significantly so that anyone could do it. Then when all this code got out, people just milked the gravy train for so long, just taking code from other places, and you know the rest.

Now, if you're going to use BGT, be honest, are you going to start from absolute scratch, or at the very least, use the includes that have been made open source? Because if so, Ok, i get you. I don't agree with you but I get you and acknowledge that it's your right and your choice to use the language. However, if you think you should use BGT because you can just grab leaked code and change a few things around and make a new game, we don't want that, and we don't want you as a developer.

Let me give you an alternative, if you are going to start from scratch with BGT, as in, write your own code either with or without use of public open source classes, then you seem like you're up to the challenge to step up to something better, so why not give Python a shot?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : belatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mazen via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector