Re: Crazy party dying?

Well, it won't actually matter as such at least right now.
The same that could be said about bgt could be said about vb6 to.
But back to bgt.
There are several things against it.
1.  it uses depricated libraries for directx and direct sound.
Yeah, its still available and probably will be for ages yet and even if it isn't people have got round the vb stuff not working after it was completely dropped by making their own opensource installers which are completely legal a lot of that using innosetup which is itself a donationware program.
Some use batch files for things, some use older software downloads.
As long as there are downloads from other places we will have no issue.
2.  its a virus.
Due to how its coded, basically running functions within itself, it displays virus like tendancies or signatures to virus checkers.
It wasn't a bad thing but yeah its scripting nature puts it into the same catigry as autoit is.
3.  there is a replacement language for it right now.
Its called python.
And I am using it right now.
Nvda is python run, running python2 and going to python 3.
Its a stable language and runs fine.
Does this mean the game dies?
Probably not, as long as the directx redist libraries exist on ms sites, and as long as ms continues with legacy windows features for directx its going to work.
And even if it dropps there are a lot of older stuff and modern stuff that uses various aspects of the code like direct sound.
So there will be downloads.
At any case, microsoft are not making any moves to drop directx legacy components right now, and my theory is they will only do it if there is a problem or if not many use that anymore.
Just like the renpy engine, bgt's death if you like doesn't have to be.
You could in theory code it for python and run that.
However, the only thing I'd probably miss is the simple chip synth and to be honest there are loads of free soundfonts, vst libs and actual sample dumps allready for various things.
In fact I just pulled a load of free sound fonts.
The basic 8 bit chip fonts are really small 40-500kb each is all.
The other thing to look at is bgt's functions, they are old and not modern.
At any case, bgt isn't dead itself, we have agarchive.
But bgt itself has been dead for a while technically.
Due to how it behaves with antimalware programs as well as what it uses, even if it doesn't die right away, well who knows.
As for games dieing.
I have old compiled games created with bgt which still work right now.
So, all creaters will probably be aware of it.
However before we start a wo is me, I am a poor helpless blind person lark because we are losing bgt and it is so easy to learn, python is also easy to learn.
I havn't studdied it myself but there are many devs and others from different countries writing nvda addon modules.
Those are sub programs themselves in python for a reader mostly written in python.
A lot of these people have english as their second language, it will take time to learn a new language but if we encourage python over bgt, we will be able to write more things than games.
As I said, if you really want to write bgt as python, make it opensource, put it on git and ask for people to co write,  there will be a few that will probably want  to join.
You could even improve bgt to use modern scripting syntax, and functions, the sky would be the  limit.
The other reason which no one has yet mentioned is we have no idea what phil b is working on.
Bgt is dead, but what is the next game engine to come out.
No one has shoved that into their brains.
For all we know there is another kit on the way.
Usually if something gets officially shelved unless there is issue with the dev or company, there is probably not garanteed but probably likely to be something better coming along.
And while its not known for sure, we know that phill has the alias music library and hve seen demos.
We also know he is working on a few big things.
Weather that means a new engine, I don't know but I am kind of thinking thats probably going to be on the cards.
All his games have been in bgt, so after bgt, will mean something else.
I don't think that he has pulled out of the game engine kit market just yet.
We don't know when but all I do know is when it comes out, judging with quality of his stuff, its going to be epic!