Re: Smugglers 5 invasion released

Well I've finally installed the game and  am trying it out, however I'm slightly irritated with how hard it is to take on a bigger ship class than yours.

In s4 this was too easy, but in s5 it was madeharder, however in s5 invasion it seems near impossible. i'll be doing fine, using all my evasion abilities then either get hit with an ecm resistant misile, or get hit with a  salvo of four shots in a row and  have 80 percent of my shields gone in one turn.

This also sort of frustrates the point of upgrading all your ship systems, sinse    what is the  point in buying upgrades when you can already take on ships the same class as you, you might as well just work up to the next ship upgrade instead.

Edit, okay I've now ground my way up to a corvet upgrade, and yee gods, Ecm resistance is just no!  fair! it wouldn't be so bad if it cost more action points,  however the fact that enemies can use it on th e same turn as throwing a missile is just irritating!

I must confess    the game is rather annoying me at the moment sinse the combat seems way unfair in terms of what the enemies are  allowed to do.

Edit 2: okay, niels states that duelist is pretty much manditory as the first combat skill. It's very annoying but I'm going to start again and choose that, at least if it helps me fight off bigger ships I should be able to make more money quickly.