Re: Anymore places to get audio described tv shows?

Hi,
@garret: Hear me out, I'm not about to go mad at you or anything, but I'd just like you to read this post about said series you dislike, also check the links as I used bbcode to link to one thing that you might enjoy. Bare in mind, I'm a fan of Bokurano Daiboukenn, Swamp, Transformers, Doctor Who, Agents of Shield, etc.
Now, regarding MLP, that depends on which version of the show you watch. The 80's and 90's versions were cringe worthy to me. The newer friendship is magic stuff, now that's more where the money's at. When I first heard about it, I thought exactly what you thought. Uh oh, what are people doing? Why are people watching this? Then I actually spent some time on the web looking at the phenominom. Interestingly, in a top 10 non-disney villains songs video, there was a song at number 1 which was from a particular episode of the show which was well praised. Well I checked out the song and enjoyed it for what it was. Very di sney esc, as in, animation Disney style.
I placed a link in a file with loads of YouTube links. Of course, to make things more interesting these links aren't titled. So here I am, picking a link at random a few months later, February of this year to be exact. Well that song came back up, and thus the sead was soan. I checked out the channel and the first thing I heard when clicking on the channel's home part, was, ur, another Pony song. Well Ih had a listen, thinking yeh, it's OK. Then I ended up looking more at the channel and listening to more songs, and as I listened I suddenly realised what everyone was talking about, and why they were talking about it.
The songs had a very 90's cartoon feel to them.
Interestingly, I checked out a few episodes. At first, while listening to the songs, I liked Pinky Pi, but when hearing her in the show I thought uh oh, this character is really hyperactive! I then settled on Rainbow Dash as my favorite character, with Applejack being the best singer of the bunch. Looking further, I discovered that they (rainbow and Applejack) were played by the same voice actress! This gave me even more respect for the show, as if you listen to those characters they sound completely different. Also, songs are a rare treat, they don't feature in every episode.
I wouldn't consider myself part of the huge fan community though, as I wouldn't really know how to enter it. However, looking a a few websites, it's clear that lots of people seem to enjoy this show, so much so that fanfics started appearing, and it wasn't as bad as I thought, I thought they'd be, ur, let's just say... not your usual pony fare. But luckily I was proven wrong. Sometimes you get the odd fanfic that has you cringing, thinking oh no, no, no, not this again! But most of them are actually intreeguing, propper stories, some of them can be quite dark too.
But the thing I love about the show is it 9;s music. Lots of different musical styles, and the background music doesn't seem to just be filler. In a recent episode, there was one particular incidental track that actually sounded very ominous!
As to Sponge Bob, I also like that. I haven't been able to watch it recently though, but the episode I remember was when Spongebob got his brain emplanted in a robot chef! Very awesome! This grill is not a home, I think was the song featured. I've also ridden a simulator ride based on Spongebob, which was quite fun. Mr Crabs is my favorite character, his voice reminds me of a sailor or pirate.
Regards,
Aaron