Re: Questions about Manamon 1

~Both electric wall and the water barrier move that Exponge gets which reduces damage from fire attacks seem pretty crappy to me, I mean, why would a water type manamon need to reduce fire damage?
I can't speak on Manamon 2 yet, though I take your point on Manamon getting unfortunate move or build choices, still, that is one reason I'm starting with the first game here and moving on, rather than with the second and moving backwards, plus of course I am a bit of a completist (the mention of Kaya by the chap in Oriander ruins was amusing).

Okay well I confess Starwalk mountain was quite the slog dungeon wise, particularly since I forgot to buy enough giganets and need to go back there and grab some creatures I didn't get first time around.
Kinidol is showing its problems move wise so far, though in fairness very few Manamon seem good at handling their real weaknesses, even MArsheagle's batter branche isn't doing much good against stone or earth types at this stage of the game, though in fairness it can usually wreck things pretty well with fly.

Okay plot time so spoilers ahoy.

I like the implication that Octoros is actually from Snowstar city, or  least someone there knows his name, but I must admit him randomly turning up and destroying things is getting a bit nuts. I know its the rpg trope of most of the world getting destroyed and you having to reclaim the very last bit, but Octoros motivations just aren't that clear, t this point he won't have anything to rulee since he'll have smashed the lot, which is okay if he's on one of those destructive, burn down the world and remake it  of rampages, but that's not the vibe I'm getting at least so far.

On the other hand, wow that boom was pretty cool, I'll admit that one surprised me, and I like the idea of the game throwing a curve ball mid stadium battle, although it might have been nice to see some of the arogant tamers post destruction perhaps show a slightly less extreme side, EG the fat guy who belched complaining about his lost manamon or the like.

Btw, the stadium was also a joke, though I made life slightly  for myself by taking those creatures that needed levelling, rather than my  water and earth types, but hay, Mortrex and even Marsheagle did a pretty good job between them.