Re: Manamon 2: Impressions Thread

Agreed completely. And the issue here is that while other similar franchises were eventually transparent, or people used hacks to find out data, that's not really allowed or a good idea here. I do think adverbs like "significant" or "small" or whatnot need to be eliminated in favour of numbers, because I'll be honest...I wouldn't put it past Aaron to have a piece of gear say "moves get a significant boost" when what he means is, uh, ten percent or so. Ten percent is a boost, but significant? Not...really. Significant would be 25% or higher IMO, but of course everyone's mileage may vary. I have the sense that for Aaron, a significant stat penalty or stat drop is anything over 50%, but a significant stat boost is anything over 10%. I have seen this tendency before, in other games from other devs and in totally different situations, and it is an indicator of that aforementioned issue of power creep. Every time. Bar none. No exceptions. Fear of power creep.

I'm expecting nothing at this point. Vaguery is something Aaron seems to enjoy. If he decides to change that, cool, but I'm not holding my breath. Another neat thing about vagueness? It's really difficult to challenge with data when you aren't given numbers, so if numbers are being removed, obscured or otherwise not provided, maybe this is an indicator that Aaron is sick and tired of having people with facts invalidate his view of his game's meta? If that is the case, that's an enormous step back in the progress department. I just hope I'm really, really wrong about this one. Regardless of intention, however, there is no doubt that numerical vagueness is a shield to hide behind, and combined with resistance to change due to aforementioned fear of power creep, doesn't paint a friendly picture.