Re: Presenting Master of Orion, a space strategy game

Hi ALl,

Yeah, I'm so glad to see people still enjoying this game. I unfortunately have been busier with work than usual lately, and also the development was a bit political, which I thought it best to stay out of. I will try to get back to this, time permitting, but can't promise when.

I can try to help with at least some of the concerns you raise though.

1. I haven't really found a great solution other than notetaking.
2. THere is a scrollback feature in the WINdows console, but it's not as easy to access as it should be. I think a workaround is to increase the number of rows and columns the console displays, which you can do in the properties window. I play on LInux and MAc OS, neither of which have this particular issue in the same way.
3. THis is something the game doesn't currently support natively, but it might be possible to do it using console commands, since it's basically just text output. I'll have to experiment a bit. I know on MAc I can just save the terminal log with a single key, but that's harder for WIndows folks.
4. COmbat is the bugbear of things as they stand now, unfortunately. I will have to look into it when I have a spare moment.

Sorry this isn't as useful as I hoped, but I'm still following this topic and iwll keep people aprised of what's going on.