Re: How do you cook on a flat-top stove?

Hot oil intimidates me IMHO, but I've done lots of other stuff on flt burners. You can move your hand in a circle round the outside of your pot or pan,  few inches bove the burner, to see it the whole thing is cooking. lso, with pots, you can lightly touch the outside edges, even while it's really hot, without getting burned. I'm talking about the side of the pot, far enough above the stove top to not hurt yourself. It's mostly just  a practice thing I think. The more you do it, the easier it should get to make sure your pot or pan is centered on the burner by rotating your hand over the heat.