Re: How do you cook on a flat-top stove?

ah, thanks a lot for the encouragement! I do not have a grill but have an air fryer and at least for me, doing some things in there, including cooked, slightly browned, crunchy but not fried, chicken breast is just really easy. But there are two cons to the fryer:
1. Its just loud
2. It needs electricity, which is of course more expensive than gas.

of course, its benefits are just more amazing:
1. No need to check if food is done.. you just set your timers correctly (I always say OK google, chicken timer for 6 minutes) and also the one on the fryer I have it labelled and also the temperature control
2. It will be always cooked consistently, and you use less oil.

boiling I actually find really easy. Even soft boiled and hard boiled eggs. Your pans or pots should have long handles that stick out, though I do understand the fear of the heat... in most cases its really not that bad, and you can get gloves so that you won't burn yourself when touching the outside of pots and pans. In most cases I do boil when i need say, water and cinnamon mixed together (for my fiver supplement because when working out or exercising constantly you will need it)
also with eggs. I have not had to boil anything else besides that, and normally almost all of the stuff you boil everything is done at the very beginning and you only intervene at the end usually to get things out because they are finished. Like most things, you should set the flame on high for some minutes (depends on your altitude and so on) but here, about five minutes is enough, and then you bring the simmer down, halfway or even less and then let other five minutes go by and you can boil about 1 to4 cups of water in this way.
then you turn off the heat completely and let the pot or pan rest for a bit, or, in the case of hard boiled eggs I just take the pot with the boiling water to the sink, then rinse it with cold water and slowly tilt it over so that the scalding water gets out. When that happens you can carefully get the eggs out of the pan which contains air now. Once that is done, I like to shock these bad boys by putting them in ice water for about two minutes or three. Then crack them all over and they just magically peel. They will still be warm enough to be enjoyable.

Regarding my cooking fail exposed earlier, I just need to have a bit of a smaller piece and a bigger pan, so there will be virtually no error margin , because when you are done seasoning your stuff (I brush the bottom of a large enough recipient or cup with oil, then toss about half a table spoon salt and half a table spoon powdered garlic and roll the the breast as if it was a ball of dough so it gets all seasoned) and then have to throw that into the hot oil you should make sure it is flat, in the palm of your non dominant hand (because the other one holds the pan into position and gives you sort of a clue as to where you should very lightly throw it) even if you don't get it to be centered 100%, you still have room for error and it will just cook, then you can check and try to move it using a fork if needed.
you can use this same technique to cook other stuff: steak, any fish.
and definitely a leveled head and more patience! I was just too nervous and of course totally alone when I did this, my goal was just to finish finish finish and I overlooked very silly details.
So I will just need to practice, practice practice.