Re: Bulwark in the City of Flesh

Hey everyone! I'm Matt, the developer.

Thanks so much for checking out Bulwark. It means the world to me and to the actors, truly. I appreciate all your comments and discussion about the game.

I'm sorry to everyone who is experiencing performance issues. I did my best to optimize the game and test it on a range of machines, but it looks like more work is needed.

At the moment, I can't say when I'll be able to resolve the issue. It may be a while, unfortunately. If you'd like to be contacted once a fix is available, though, you may submit a bug report here (if you haven't already): https://forms.gle/fyzZK9HD2dGh1ctA8

Or you can email me at getinthedamn...@gmail.com.

To answer some of the other questions in this thread:

Is there a Linux build available?
Officially, no. I have a Linux build but have no way of testing it on my end, so I'm reluctant to publish it. If you're interested in trying it anyway, I can give you private access to the build. Just shoot me a note (getinthedamn...@gmail.com).

Can reducing the resolution speed up the game?
Yes, to some extent. If you haven't already tried, please hold the Alt/Option key after double-clicking the .exe/.app file (as the game is launching). An options menu will appear. In the dropdown box next to "Screen resolution," drop the value down to "640 x 480," and then press the "Play!" button. This may not make a difference for everyone, but it may help for some.

My apologies for the clunkiness of this workaround. I had hoped that the automatic reduction of quality that I implemented for the audio game would be enough. I'll look into automating the change better.

What if I can't download or launch the game?
Please submit a bug report and indicate if you'd like me to contact you.

Thanks again for all your comments! I'll keep checking the thread for more questions/feedback.

Matt

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bradp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lirin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lirin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : getinthedamnbox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lirin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector