Re: any tips for playing pokemon

Few things here:

1. Ruby/Sapphire I was able to beat without any actual sighted help. No, I couldn't fish, but I didn't care. I couldn't do contests either, but the core game was entirely beatable. Also, Ruby/Sapphire do not, as far as I remember, have wrapping menus. Heart Gold/Soul Silver are way, way worse for this; the bag system in that game is brutal. In third generation and below, the bag is really simple.
2. Black and White 2 are very accessible in a lot of ways, but they, too, have weird features of the bag I believe where things cascade. In addition, there are a few issues. First, there's that area near Vurbank City; it's pretty optional, but it's hard to get through that area by following walls since there's a raised walkway in the center and it's difficult (not impossible) to navigate it without falling off (while you're walking on raised piping, I mean). Second, there's Skyla's gym, which I have never been able to do by myself. Third, there's the Plasma base with the switches and password; not 100% inaccessible, but very difficult to do without sighted help. Ruby-Sapphire have no such issues.
3. I can confirm that heart gold/soul silver, while they do have step sounds in some places, do not make noise when you slide on ice. With both an inability to hear when you're sliding and the fact that those ice puzzles make the ones in Manamon 2 look like child's play, that's a hard stop for a lot of people.

So I'm still set on ruby-sapphire being overall the most accessible gen. Black and white 2 are a close second though, and they did improve a lot of things.

I can't speak to any gen past the fifth. I hear that X and Y are playable, but tricky. I hear ORAS are playable as well, but again, tricky. I don't know how playable the seventh gen games are, and I'm not sure about why Sword/Shield's controversy informs how accessible they are.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ross via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Loxias via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector