Re: infini crawl, text dungeon crawling rpg similar to the wastes.

rory-games wrote:

hello, how did you get to make my device speek without displaying a dialog box?...

...yeah but how you make the notifications?

Sorry, I forgot to respond to this one. I don't know your level of knowledge, so I'm just going to explain the basics as well. So this game is just an HTML 5 website, its all html, css and _javascript_. The way I am making the notification is with a div tag with the aria-live attribute set to "polite". Whenever I add content to that div tag through _javascript_, the screen readers know to read it. In the next update there will be an alert div with the aria-live set to "assertive" that gives you more urgent information such as low on health, etc. Which will interrupt any other actions. The polite box will only read when the user is idle and not doing anything. I have the reload button that clears out that box and re-adds everything in there, so that the screen reader is prompted to read it off again, that way in case you miss something, you can always have it re-read. I hope that helps, I'm pretty new to this accessibility programming so I'm learning as I go.

LivingForGod1991 wrote:

I just tried it in Chrome Canary and it worked the way it should. I guess it's only the Itch.io version that has the problem. I've actually switched to Chrome Beta for now since Canary has been giving me problems all over the place lately, but I switched back to it for a test run and then exported my save.

I'm glad you got it working, I'm not sure what itch.io is doing differently when it comes to cookies. When I publish the updates, I essentially copy the one html file to my website, and the same file to itch.io at the same time. I would suggest clearing your itch.io cookies, but I don't know what impact that would have on your other games, so I don't really recommend that. That game will live on my website as well, so feel free to play it from either location. You can even download the html file and run it locally if you like.

dark wrote:

Btw, any chance of adding in that "swap" function on gear? I find quite often I want to swap gear around, especially when I find something that has more bonuses than my current heirloom , but want to keep the heirloom gear for when I level up and the heirloom stuff becomes more powerful.

Yes, ive been thinking about this. I think instead of the game giving you a pop up that says "you are already wearing blah blah" it'll give you a confirm box that says something like "You are already wearing blah blah, do you want to replace it with yadda yadda?" And hitting yes will equip the new item, hitting no will leave the original. So it'll just take up the same place in your inventory when you swap.

dark wrote:

As to decimal damage yes, often my damage is decimalised, I suspect this is either environmental bonuses or bonuses from temporary items such as hot tamale, holy water etc.

It shouldn't do that. I haven't ran into that myself, there must be a place in the code where things are not rounded off as they should be. It's also probably just the display telling you that, and the actual damage is likely rounded off anyway.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LivingForGod1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector