Re: Manamon 2: Impressions Thread

Fun fact: in the entire country of Kiarre itself, we don't see a single toilet. There are none in houses, none in big buildings, none even in the hospital unless they're behind all those locked doors.
Yet an imaginary castle is full of them!

So the only toilets in this iteration of the entire universe...are imaginary.

It also says something really bizarre that the villain would be the only one to create toilets.

On a less silly note, I'm actually not sure why Aaron felt the need to add all these toilets to the castle. Like okay, yes, it's realistic for every castle to have at least a couple of toilets (though I'm not sure they'd all be in a single huge room), but absolutely none of the rest of the game has them? I'm just not sure. It's the same for footstep sounds. There are some places (Dyeur Hills, for instance) where I swear he's using almost every natural footstep type he can get away with.

There are people who seem to live and die by footstep sounds. When they didn't exist in Paladin, people were upset. I personally never cared. I only care if they add to ambiance, and I'm afraid that in general, they don't here. It's the single sound you hear, in various permutations, over a hundred thousand times per playthrough, so eventually it just becomes a distraction. If I could turn footstep sounds off, I would.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : AnamLion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : AnamLion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : catfish1953 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dungeon Diver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dungeon Diver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : adel . spence via Audiogames-reflector