Re: How Harry Potter Could Have Defeated Voldemort, After the intire story

It's a story with at least the first books aimed at children. There will be plot conveniences, that's normal for something like that. Children and young teenagers love reading about solvable challenges and overcoming obstacles. Imagine the philosopher's stone just guarded by a door that can only be opened by Dumbledore or flamel. How boring would that be.

Dumbledore did not just leave Harry with the Dursleys for fun. It was necessary so that his mothers spell wouldn't break too early. He also can't speak parsel, so he couldn't get the biggest clue, the voice in the walls, and Harry didn't tell him when asked. I think Moody is not that hard to portrai correctly to be honest. And the whole thing with the ring, I honestly think that's one of Dumbledore's most memorable scenes, because that makes him human. That abnormal strong longing to see his sister again, and suddenly there is just a old, sad man.
Wow, I seem like a complete Potterhead that screams down every other opinion, and your opinion is fine, too, but I didn't really find those conveniences to troubling. There are other things in the books which I really don't like. As Dark said, the whole wand-attacks-voldemort-on-its-own-thing is one of those things. But basically I think searching for plotholes in books or movies often ruins everything for you.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector