Re: Guitar?

Why are you trying to avoid taking lessons?  That's a great resource that you're not even considering.

Most blind people I know who play guitar (or any other instrument) have learned to play by ear.  If they don't have perfect pitch, some develop it, and learn from there.

If you're not willing to take lessons, for some strange reason, the only thing I can suggest is experiment.  Just screw around and see where you get.  Off hand, I don't know any resources; however, Dancing Dots might have something.
Cheers.