Re: Let's talk about windows seven end of life...

Speaking for myself, I disable UAC because with it on, even with notifications set to 0%, I can't save game data in either of the Program Files folders. I understand that many people prefer to keep their portable games in other places on their computers, but I'm a bit OCD about that. For me, programs, portable or not, belong in either Program Files or X86 depending on the infrastructure of the program in question, no exceptions. It would bother the ever loving crap out of me to change that, though I recognize this is a personal preference. People have been screaming about the fact that disabling UAC is the equivalent of handing all your data to a hacker and begging them to lock it so you can pay them all your hard-earned money for years, but just as with many things involving computer security, a little common sense goes a long way. Would I recommend that a novice user disables UAC? no, I would not, but then, people who know little or nothing about the inner workings of computers have no business using an admin account, either, so that's a moot point as well.