Re: can a blind person drive a car?

Well regarding substitution technology I'm not sure myself, sinse most of those sorts of things I've seen were rather confusing and it was a case of picking out minimal information, sinse learning to read such a large  amount of informational input as sight as sound or even virbration was quite a task, however that doesn't mean something won't be developed in the future that would work, though whether it would work well enough for a person to drive a car safely with it waits to be seen.

Regarding the computer Ai driving a car, that I see as a lot more possible, heck I have recently been using the blind qsquare satnav ap myself and have been very pleased with the amount of new information I get with it., However it irritates me that while the technology of a self driving car exists at the moment, and only requires perfection and production, the main stumbling block in the way of producing that technology is to do with the law and insurance not the te chnology  itself.

It seems ridiculous that where thousands of blind people are stuck in their houses or forced to pay hundreds of pounds for inconvenient public transport the technology exists to give equal mobility access to what sighted people have, it is due to something as silly as worrying about who sues who if there was an accident.

then again what do you expect when we're living in a society where  parents had to fill in permission slips for their children to be allowed to make daisy chains at school, or where doctors and nurses spend %50 of their time filling in endless piles of forms and notes to make sure they cover their collective rears in case someone takes it into their head to complain.