Re: The Eventual Famine

Hi Tom.

The reason I stated "ego" was that blind n dangerous didn't give any reason about why he liked windows 7 or what good it was, he basically said "xp is old so people should stop using it" that sort of reasoning I have encountered before, people just want the latest thing because it is the latest, irrispective of any bennifits it has or anything people would lose out by abandoning the what came before.

As I said previously I am quite aware that different people may bennifit from the new os, but simply "because it is new" is not to me a valid bennifit at all, likewise "because it is old" isn't a reason to use or not use something.

As regards xp, and newer weindows, well if microsoft created a windows with a customizable interface and compatibility with older systems, I'd be the first person to upgrade, indeed I upgrade Ios regularly for that reason sinse I do see the point in performance improvements e tc, however it is what is being lost with xp that is the issue and frankly microsoft should do a better job at backwards compatibility both in terms of software and in terms of interface, eg, allow lists and the start menue, keep outlook express, carry on support for stuff that ran on xp etc.

As regards security I wasn't saying it is not important and have as I said discussed this with avg tech support, however the amount of histeria I've seen on the question is quite ridiculous, again though security wouldn't be an issue if microsoft had done their job properly and actually made a newer os that did all the things xp does thus meaning people would not have a problem upgrading.

I'll say apple do seem far better at this than microsoft in terms of not breaking either compatibility or interface elements or randomly mucking up the way things are done. Hopefully microsoft will take the hint, but hay if not I'll just carry on using xp anyway :d.

  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aminiel
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: blindndangerous
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: harrylst
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: crashmaster
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Lord_Raven
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: tward
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: tward
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Chris
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Chris
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: scotf2012
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: hoethoet