Re: Pet peeves from other blind people?

DanGero wrote:

I mean, how do you use a phone? How can you use a computer?

I've found it ironic that access companies have talked about breaking down barriers, which they certainly have, yet hiding the accessibility settings is a barrier - has anyone thought of that? I"m not saying accessibility settings should be moved around without having their own section, but with most major technology having some sort of included accessibility, companies should stop gatekeeping their settings panels. Microsoft has the right approach, they have the mouse pointer color setting in both the mouse settings and under accessibility. It is, first and foremost, an accessibility feature. However, now people can change their mouse pointer appearance because they might prefer something new and different. Hey, did you know that's also an accessibility feature for contrast? If we want forward progression, companies need to start framing their accessibility features as features that can be used by anyone. I'm not saying sighted people are suddenly going to start using screen readers unless they too become blind, but simple tweaks that are in the accessibility settings only should be discoverable in other places. I can assure you no one is going to look under accessibility without being prompted, unless you're a game/software developer already thinking about/having knowledge about accessibility implementation. Focus less on clearly gated accessibility features and more about universally inclusive design that has capability to be used by people with disabilities as well.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : avensis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ElizaBaez via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : adel . spence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector