Re: Pet peeves from other blind people?

The title of this thread is rather misleading.

I feel like we're just hashing the same old stuff. Misconceptions, preconceptions, tropes, the media, inspiration porn.

I have a family member (my stepmother) who has more than once tried to use my blindness as an excuse. For instance, she was over one day helping me clean my apartment after bedbug treatment, helping me unbox all my stuff, which I could've done by myself but which I definitely appreciated help with. I told her I was sorry about the cat hair, and she said, "Well it's all right, you're blind, you weren't going to be able to see it". And I immediately shot back, "No, actually. It has more to do with laziness, being overwhelmed, and stuff being in awkward spots."

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : avensis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ElizaBaez via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : adel . spence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector