Alternative To Dropbox

Following what seems to be a determined effort by Dropbox to instate Condoleezza Rice as their privacy advisor, I am thinking it can't be long now before the shit hits the fan and that maybe, just maybe, I should perhaps get off this sinking ship and find an alternative.

Any ideas? It has to be accessible. Options that require on a (local or self-hosted cloud) running server can be accommodated, although of course it will not be quite as swimming as Dropbox. Nor as well integrated into iOS. But worth considering all the same. The two most likely to appeal to me are OwnCloud and BitTorrent Sync. Any others? What about accessibility concerns?

Your thoughts appreciated.