Re: Monthly chat January2020

@Haily good luck with the transfer, it's not a fun process but hopefully will be worth it in the end if your more comfortable.

I'll confess since for a long time I was genophobic and considered myself gender neutral, as well as desiring the social advantages of being female, I toyed with the idea myself, but since in my case the factors were primarily social more than  part of a physical identity it wasn't something I considered seriously, since my issue wasn't so much looking male or having a male body as my  issue with identifying with traditional masculinity and social expectations. Indeed, I often considered my maleness as pretty much having the same importance as my hair colour and wished   others would treat me the same way.

I suspect if I'd not met my lady and been given a good reason for being male I might have considered formalising my gender neutrality, though these days I just identify myself as a non traditional man who gets irritated with stereotypes, big_smile.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your thoughts as regards attraction? That was another major reason I never seriously considered changing my gender, , since I am %100 straight, and realised that even if I did change , I would probably have as many problems with relationships as a gay lady as I did as a non traditional man, and as I said, in my case it was meeting my lady that actually gave me a good reason to value being male.

@Dark eagle interesting your reading spellmonger, I've seen that series and thought they looked fun.

Well we've sort of had some vaguely good news in that my lady has had a CT scan and the tuma seems to have gotten smaller, which is good consider she's rather upset at the moment since she's been losing her hair and actually needed to buy a wig, but hopefully it'll be worth it. She starts the radio therapy full time next week, which is going to mean going into hospital five days a week, I suspect I'll be getting a lot of Iphone games played big_smile.

We've had a rather busy week, on monday we tried a local pub quiz which was sort of fun, albeit not the best category being 2019we, were , ---- okay with current affairs, less good on sport, pop music or which films got oscars,
Also bloody annoying in that we had to join an existing team, went into the pub and the very well meaning but horribly misguided chap who announced the quiz announced "there are two visually impaired people who need to join a team."
As my lady often says, "blessed are the sighted, for they mean well." big_smile.

On tuesday we went to a support group for people with cancer under fourty which was both helpful and extremely harrowing at the same time.

The only mildly irritating thing, is my laptop has completely %100 died due to a windows update causing constant restart, this means I'm going to have to reinstall NVDA, Chrome and pretty much everything else, indeed I'm a bit annoyed with narrator, since when I hit windows u to try and get it working I got bugger all.

I suspect what I'll need to do is bang the NVDA installer on a memory stick and use guesswork to activate it, I'm also hopeing that installing the realspeak addon, chrome, thunderbird  and ms office won't be too much of a hassle with all the extra keys andd passwords and such, not to mention games.

Of course on the plus side since everything on that laptop are just replications of backups on my desktop, which in turn are backed up on an external HD which lives under my wardrobe, I've not lost anything, though having to do all the extra work is very annoying.

Another irritating part of my laptop breaking was that I couldn't continue playing shadow rine or dreamy train which I bought last weekend, though I've got the game running now and am having lots of fun.

Reading wise, my lady and I are reading memory sorrow and thorn by tad williams, which is one of my favourite series and is as awesome as ever.

Hope everyone else is having a slightly more fun January than we are so far.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Laurel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Patrick via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Wes Hollow via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SpiderMan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : crescent via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector