Re: why is topic necromancy forbidn?

You know, this has been bugging me, but this whole matter seems to be more of a spam issue. Switching the necromancy topic to this context for a moment, I think we might be better served in determining good and bad use of TN. Do the spam rules only apply to bot users? Even then, save for some annoying, and obviously fairly easy to identify circumstances, bots only post one or two messages. Extending then this rule to human users, what makes a message spammy? Is it the off-topic nature of it? Is it the advertisements to get your complementary viruses? The idea here is why can't  we just attach most of this at the foot of a spam policy and call  it a day. As it seems the trouble may not be the necromancy itself, but rather the pointless, or dare I say spammy, messages that bring topics up that really serve no purpose. I don't know. Just something that popped in my head.