Re: Sharp Speech: my sharp wrapper for Universal Speech

Hi,
did you manage to compile universalSpeech for 64-bit architecture?
I have written a similar, although much simpler wrapper myself for BgtKit some time ago. But the problem was exactly that UniversalSpeech was a 32-bit dependency, so despite .net's ability to use whatever cpu architecture it runs on, UniversalSpeech always dragged BgtKit and then the whole project to 32-bit version, because of the native library.
I was checking if i could compile it for both architectures, but I wasn't sure how to go about that. US's compilation scripts were written for gcc, which really isn't my favorite, plus I didn't know if the code is designed to find out whether it has been compiled for 32 or 64 bit and load appropriate dlls.
Instead of reading through the code, I switched to Tolk, which was already counting with both architectures. Although its C# wrapper uses only one, I have fixed it, so it now searches for right dll to use. BgtKit is thus fully flexible in this, it can run in 32 as well as 64 bit mode.

Best regards

Rastislav

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector