Re: simular series to the wheel of time

Hi Slj.

I'm currently watching the game of thrones tv series myself, but I wanted to read the books first and I'm glad I did. While it's one of the best adaptations to tv I've seen (far better than say the legend of the seaker series was relative to Terry goodkind's books), likely because Martin himself has helped with the screenplay, there are still things that don't come across on T and other things that were   condensed.

I will say the series went off a bit in the third and fourth books partly because Martin separated out the action between the different countries, and partly because Martin was planning a five year time skip which idea he subsequently abandoned.

Things however were very much picking up in the  fifth book and while some characters stories were somewhat put on hold, I think the sixth should pick things up again for an awsome conclusion in the 7th and final book.

I'm just hoping ma rtin doesn't take too long to write the sixth book sinse I know there was a ridiculously long wait between the fourth and fifth, though Martin has said while he's not giving actual publication dates sinse he doesn't want to disappoint anyone he does hope the sixth will be done relatively quickly.

Actually in terms of expected books I'm more concerned about Sanderson, sinse he has started or  partly completed many series, but instead of finishing them he  starts more. We're waiting on the  fifth mistborn novel (very odd sinse he just about finished the series in the third in a very conclusive way), the second books in the rythmetist and steelheart series, and even the 5th alcatraz book, not to mention  stormlight archive of course. I hope he gets to some of these projects and doesn't leave people hanging.