Linux and Orca

Hi guys. From several years, I am interested in computer and various operating systems. I am currently using both Windows 8.1 and Mac OS Mavericks. However, I would have the desire to successfully use the Linux system, for various ethical reasons also, such as the free software. I tried a live distribution, Ubuntu version 13. Howewer it seems to me that the screen reader Orca is not yet at an acceptable level. First of all I do not like the eSpeak voice. In addition, for the little that I've tried, it seems to me that there aren't so many programs accessible for blind people. For what I've seen Mozilla Firefox is manageable with Orca but I don't know, for example, how is the text editor, if a blind people can do the same you can do with Windows, Jaws and for example Microsoft Word.
I would like to ask those who use this operating system, such as Tward, tips on how to get started. Which distribution is more accessible than the others and if you could instal l a better voice. I would add that I use Italian language. I also tried searching guides or podcasts but often find broken links. As for the Mac OS are many guides and websites, for Linux I found little information.
Thanks in advance,
Ambro

  • [Audiogames-r... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: ambro86
    • [Audioga... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: ambro86
    • [Audioga... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: ambro86
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: shuteye
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: ambro86
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Arabic two thousand
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: tward
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: ambro86
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: ambro86
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: wanderer
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: ambro86
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Trenton Goldshark
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: tward