Re: Gaming Computers

Well as a gamer myself, I'd highly recommend a gaming keyboard.
As for your laptop, you should be able to pick up one of the hp db line of units for round well whatever 1200-1500 is in your us dollars  or whatever it is.
The unit I have is a slightly older model with a 2nd gen rysen 5 processer, 16gb ram, a 1tb seagate hdd  and a 256gb toshiba ssd.
Its got after some tweaking and doodling with enhancements a really good soundcard and speakers and is touted as a small work station.
Its quiet and it runs.
I do have a cooling deskfan under it.
I also when at home use a strix pro tactic asus board for bashing games on it.
I wouldn't try to game directly on any laptop, you'll just bust your board.
At any rate a mechanical blue, red black or brown cherry will give you the full range of movement on the keys.
I have a blue cherry so it sounds like an older typewriter and is quite clicky but I have had it for years now and bar a few firmware updates it just works.
However, you may be better building yourself.
Again I only know in new zealand dollars, but pbtech which is what I use is australian and may work better for you who knows.
At any rate, when searching for a pc for someone, a good home pc is all you need.
600 bucks will give you a good duelcore amd ge series.
for about 800 or so you can get an r3 like me and for round 1000 an r5 or 7.
On the flipside, you can get a good intel i5 9th gen or higher for 1000 and for 400 dollars more a i7.
In all cases you will be able to get the drives for data and os and internal video cards.
Now unless you are seriously into video gaming, I wouldn't bother buying a videogame card, though if you get a good special I have seen an entry level amd r5 or r7 at 100 dollars.
If anything you may want to spend on a soundcard because you will just get the realtech card which in my case is ok for gaming but I have a few headsets at my disposal.
I also have the andriea electronics 3d phones which are good for recording and they have a card.
atguys.com has a 10 dollar card which is a nice extra to have for pc troubleshooting and such.
Over that whatever you want.
But if you are going to play a lot of older audio titles the creative sb play3 or equivilent is a must as it has alchahol emulation.
One thing to note is those videocards will be not that accessible for their controls.
My amd one isn't in fact I make sure to stop the tasks loading at startup before I restart after an update and they can also screw with some keyboards.
Gaming cards like amd will update up to 4 times a month, and if you use the recommended drivers twice a year.
Nvidia cards update once or twice a month.
If you really can't be bothered with that, the intel stuff updates every so often.
It may not update for 5 years at a stretch though it will periodically get updates.
My old hd4 series on one of my custom workstations didn't get updated for 3 years, its just got one now.
If you are really set on gaming, I wouldn't go for a laptop unless its got a secondary use.
1.  you want to take it away with you like to another point in your house or away, or have limited room.
I have limited room here and I like the quietness of a laptop because I had one at school and so on.
I don't have the room for a desk tower as such though now I have upgraded my gaming speakers I actually do have room to stick a box down if I wanted or needed to.
Its going to be easier to modify to.
Some of those small form factor pcs will be quite powerfull and you can sort of carry them about.
You can also put wireless and bluetooth in a pc.
You will get more ports on a desktop.
The big disadvantage with a pc is if you want to put in another board you will have to get down and dirty with its guts.
With a laptop its all external but you only have a limited set of ports so a gaming hub like the tplink uh720 or 710 is a must.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : boy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : boy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : austingrace via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : austingrace via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Blind angel 444 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flameAlchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flameAlchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector