Re: a website with audio described movies.

Let's not pigeon-hole anyone, blind or sighted.
This means that rooms for separate audio games and mainstream games just sounds like an awful idea, and assuming that the sighted will show up here and restrict themselves to one tiny corner of the forum which interests them is likewise, ahem, a little shortsighted, if you'll pardon the pun. Yes, some of them doubtless will do this, but some won't.

I also agree with the idea that the bad behaviour present here need not fully define us. Unfortunately, if people are seeing links to gray-area copyrighted material and whatnot, it can lead to problems we simply don't need.

Nocturnis, I realize you don't like one of my previous posts. I don't blame you. I don't like it either. I don't like saying, in essence, "You know what? We're the people with the power, and this is what we say". But I feel like all other attempts at logic and reasonable discourse have failed, and at the end of the day, this forum is not a public street-corner. It's an entity where some people do, in fact, happen to have more decision-making authority than others. And while that divide should never be widened to further personal agenda, sometimes it's just a fact. We had the ability to make a choice; we believed that choice was correct; ergo, we made it, and the best thing to do is to try and accept it. I loathe this sort of reasoning, but what else is there to do when all else appears to fail?

Also? The argument of "the community wants, the community gets" is busted. I bet you that many people in the community want free games, too, but that doesn't mean they should get them. What it comes down to is this. The community does have a voice, and ignoring that voice outright, with no reason or justification given, is awful if you want to keep that community's respect. However, deciding to oppose the community voice should only be done if there is good reason; here, I think there's good reason. Put another way, we truly do respect opinions and your right to speak your mind, even if we ultimately don't agree with you. Please don't take disagreement or lack of capitulation as a sign that we don't listen. After all, in a big-picture sense, I feel like we work with the community far, far more often than we go against it, and I'd like to say that most of that has led to bigger and better things.