Re: a website with audio described movies.

@98:
Your first example is actually a counterpoint to what you're trying to say. I remember that topic, and as far as I remember most if not everyone supported the developer and were shocked that someone would do that, meaning this is not an issue of the forum. Refusing to send people here is not going to prevent people from leaving crappy reviews on the app store! In fact it will as was shown on that topic lead to people going to give it good ratings. I'll check out the second link later, haven't seen that one yet. Also didn't follow the goldgun thing but it does ring a bell so will search for that. But the thing is, no matter where a developer posts something they're pretty much always going to get criticism mixed in with praise, that is not something that is in any way unique to this forum and in fact is often worse in other places. So I still don't see the problem. I mean in post 30 of this topic Liam himself criticises a game, it's just what people do when they don't like something. I don't know who this Ian guy is, but if he has influence and he's using it to turn people away then in my opinion he's part of the problem. What you're saying is an extreme exaggeration if you're characterising the entire forum like that. Can you name anywhere where people can post comments that doesn't have the above mentioned happen ever? I would actually say it's relatively rare on this forum and generally kept in check by the mods.
Also, hatred towards the mods has gone down dramatically from what it used to be. I know there was a user named moonwalker who was an example of this, but as far as I remember they were banned for something, and the other people have either come around or left, so I don't think that's really a thing anymore.
In general people really seem overly negative and exaggerating the negatives while overlooking the positives. I mean most developers get a lot of support and constructive criticism, and the the mods often get a lot of support for most of their decisions. I just find it interesting that people just ignore this and disproportionally focus on the negatives. Not that we should ignore the negatives, obviously they do need to be addressed, but exaggerating them beyond their actual scope is not going to help.