Re: Injustice 2, equipping gear and armor?

It's actually very doable from what I've found.  put the game in windowed mode if you haven't already.
You'll see strength, defense, hp and ability I think on top as I'm sure you already have.  Some gear will have multiple numbers down the bottom, and you can usually tell either due to where the numbers are in the list, or the prefixes around the gear.  for example, destructive for strength increase.  I do admit it's not perfect and doesn't always work, but it's perfectly usable and I pretty much always know what I'm putting on.  Comparing is similar, most of the time you'll be able to tell if stuff you look at is worse than what you have.
Augments and effects will also be listed, so you'll always know what you're getting.
I honestly love this game so much more than MK11 in this regard, as we're not unable to access any of it such as the krypt, plus you get rewards randomly as well as after tower completion.  Really makes me want to play that little bit more and see what I find.