Re: Battle Field audiogame

oh. Please. It's not a big deal. I mean maybe it was actually meant to question the powers of a specific programming language, in our case python. That's pretty much understandable on my side, as bgt gave too much unpleasant experience of fps-type games and people keep saying python is slower than C++. If I was going for a programming language to start a new and a bigger project, I would surely ask, assuming that i would have no programming experience or all of my programming experience would be limited to bgt.
But to answer your question, of course it is. Audio games are much more performant due to not having graphics and python is strong enough to handle an audio game like that, assuming that you know how to code and optimize properly. A neat coding and a proper optimization could be amongst the most important things to do while developing a game. I say with all my honesty. If you want to become a worthy game developer, don't strict yourself to the mechanics that you see on a lot of the audio games you played. Most of them are having a messy or unoptimized code covering their backs, which is one of the reasons that they quickly died out. Google about game development and the theories and algorythms that you can use for handling different stuff, and keep going that way. If you ever succeeded at making a game where you can walk in a map, don't let the excitement fool you. Try to improve what you wrote, try to make an actual game out of it, and never release anything to the public unless it feels like a real game that's playable and worth playing.
Sorry for the long post, BTW. LOL You should have done reading my post already though big_smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tdani via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tdani via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : secret_land via Audiogames-reflector