Re: Getting rid of the V Virus

Alright!  So if you want it off, keep it off!  I'm not sure what all the fuss is.  We're saying it does what it's meant to and that it adds an extra layer of security by virtue of what it does, which is to tell you that something is requesting permission to do something you may or may not otherwise be aware of and that the app requesting it probably shouldn't be.  For the average user, this may be a good thing.  While I was running win7  I had UAC off myself.  I left it on on this machine which runs win 10 for two reasons I will outline below:
1.  It's doing me no harm to have it on.
2.  It allows me to only have to manage one account and see what wants to run under administrative rights without me having to assume everything wants to run under administrative rights.  I can go about my day until I see that simple little dialogue and then choose to wonder, or not wonder, why that dialogue popped up, as not everything on an admin account runs with admin rights by default.  Yes, it's up to me to say yes or no.  Yes, it's up to me to exercise common sense, but I was given at least one more chance to do precisely that, where as by keeping it off I disabled that last chance.
But UAC takes it a step further.  Supposing I wanted to run a local account to protect my computer entirely, without ever having to run my admin account.  Why do I say entirely?  Because under a local account, UAC will never allow programs to write to the program files directory or any other directory critical to windows, instead creating a virtual sandbox that fools programs into thinking they are writing to places they wish to write to, even though they in fact aren't.
The fact is that by disabling UAC what you are essentially saying is that coders do not need to rethink their applications because you're just going to allow them to do whatever they want on your system with admin rights.  I'm sorry, but not everything should have to run under elevated privileges, and if it does have to, there should be a very legitimate reason as to why.
Have you ever heard about process elevation strategies?  Did you know that practically every flavor of linux and OSX have them injected.  Why should UAC be any different?  Do you know what sudo is?  did you know that UAC was designed to practically resemble it?  If you can answer all of those questions intelligently I invite you to do so, then tell me why those options are viable on other systems but do not work for you on windows, where the percentage of chances of you getting hacked are much higher by the simple virtue that most everyone and their grandmother's pekingese uses windows.