Re: Getting rid of the V Virus

@50,I've never used a standard account and don't have any plan to, but also understand the risks and don't go about whining and complaining that MS is evil and won't secure their systems.  That's on me and me alone.
I've dealt with recycler, boot sector, Tunneling and other types of viruses, have killed a few different worms and trojans, and goodness only knows how many other types of weird malware beside.  I've never had reason to believe that was MS's fault, even if I couldn't figure out where or what on earth I got it from.  I managed to snag myself on a sendspace download link and still don't know precisely how the blazes the thing was infected, but I know it was as I ended up with ransomware on my PC.  I also went to a site I used for resources and ended up with some sort of malware that acted like a legit windows security alert system.  Had it not been for the way it was written and the misspelling issues?  I'd have been toasted by that one!