Re: A question about rhythm games

I think part of the problem with rhythm rage is that it uses so many keys that are spread so far apart, are a little more mechanically complex than necessary, had little in the way of unlockables, and has a general lack of focus. The rhythm heaven has just a bit more polish in those areas, and all of them had things you can do outside of the songs themselves, similarly to beat star pro, if you want a purely audiogame example. In the first rhythm heaven game, you unlocked drumb lessons, in the second one it was about playing guitar on the touch screen, I forget what the wii one was, but for the 3ds one, it was all about boxing in time to the beat. Not only that, in each of those games, the stages got progressively more challenging as you progressed, with frequent remixes combining the mechanics of the stage in each section, whereas in rhythm rage, things are just all over the place. If you aren't afraid to try a little mainstreaming, then I highly encourage you to try out the rhythm heaven series, since it was the inspiration for rhythm rage.